Historic Macon Foundation is a grassroots organization that depends on hundreds of donors and dozens of volunteers to save historic places. The most common way that our members volunteer to support our mission is through advocacy. We keep you informed about historic preservation, economic development and smart growth so that you can express your priorities to decision makers. Emails, individual calls, letters can change our community. Many members enjoy planning and executing fundraising events, which raise much of our operating budget. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out the form below, email us at email@example.com or call (478) 742-5084. You can also subscribe to our weekly volunteer eBlast that lists the upcoming volunteering opportunities.
Common volunteer activities include:
- Advocating for historic preservation with community leaders
- Planning and executing events like the Design, Wine and Dine, the Flea Market, hard hat tours of rehabilitation projects and special events
- General office help
- Serving as a volunteer on one of our active committees
- Docents and gift shop attendants at the Sidney Lanier Cottage
- Join the Preservation Work Crew